Body Language and Your Medical Practice: Today’s healthcare professionals are experiencing changes like never before, causing stress for doctors and patients as well as staff. The Doctor-Patient connection is being severed by technology, leading to a phenomenal number of law suits and failing practices. So, how does the understanding Body Language and Bedside Manner play into a successful Medical Practice? Scott Rouse will share those keys with you.
Your staff represents you. Your patients interact with your staff before they ever see you. How do your patients feel about your staff and their behavior? How does your staff feel about you? Your relationship with them? How do you keep everyone motivated and inspired so your Medical Practice thrives and grows?
In this Keynote Scott will share body language keys that will make your patients connect with you instantly, before saying a word. He’ll share the research on non verbal cues and keys that help keep patients from suing or leaving your practice for another. He’ll share the keys to Bedside Manner that have helped create some of the most successful medical practices in the country.
Using examples from my own experience as well as relevant case studies, I explain how to use specific body language techniques and strategies to give you a communication advantage in the hospital and healthcare arenas. From Doctor to patient, as well as Physician to Physician. You will learn the keys to understanding and executing properly, the body language that has helped thousands of Doctors create and sustain a thriving medical practice. The process involves four steps:
The process involves four steps:
1. The Instantaneous Impressions Study. Scott breaks down this famous study to show you exactly how to create instant rapport, not only with patients, but with every person you meet, every time.
2. Debunking Body Language Myths. Most of the information about body language the average person has collected and uses everyday is incorrect. Here, you’ll get rid of that bad information and replace it with valid, researched, and science based facts.
3. Spotting Deception Cues. Quickly identifying the subtle cues of deception is imperative. Especially when diagnosing someone who may not be giving all of the information, or may be giving you false information on purpose.
4.Your Body Language Toolkit. This step provides a plethora body language tools you can use immediately, at work, home, or out in the wild. For example, Scott’s favorite, how to put anyone at ease without saying a word.
Doctors and Healthcare Professionals who want a better understanding of how to employ the best bedside manner. Those interested in the body language cues to watch for during examinations, medical procedures, processes before-during-and-after surgery, negotiations, social engagements, and even the hiring process.
I train Healthcare Professionals to observe and make decisions about the body language cues they see time and time again, in meetings and patient/doctor interactions. I equip them with tools, that if used properly, will:
1- help them spot the specific facial cues that tell them the other person (doctor, patient or other staff member) is in disagreement before they say a word.
2- help them know how to ask a question to get a complete and correct answer.
3- help build and reinforce doctor relationships and partnerships with those in their practice as well as with staff.
4- help them know whether or not they are wasting their time attempting to communicate with a patient, doctor, or staff member.
This presentation can be delivered as a Keynote, Workshop, or Half Day Seminar. The presentation can range from 60–120 minutes, depending on your needs. The ideal presentation length is 1 hour.
- Audience members will learn to spot the subtle cues of patients and staff members that prove to be the beginnings of confusion and frustration, as well as satisfaction and motivation.
- Audience members will learn the keys to properly executing the bedside manner style that will increase patient trust and loyalty as well as Physician to Physician communication.
- Audience members will learn to spot the subtleties of dissension and mistrust among patients as well as staff members.
- Audience members will be equipped with an array of body language tools they can use immediately and share freely and easily with members of their practice and staff.
I am a behavior analyst and body language expert, and hold multiple certificates in advanced interrogation training and have been trained alongside the FBI, Secret Service, U.S. Military Intelligence, and the Department of Defense.
My extensive training, education, and practice of nonverbal communication has made me an expert and consultant to law enforcement as well as successful doctors, CEO’s, attorneys, executives, financial advisors, HR professionals, and entertainers.
I teach Continuing Legal Education courses on Body Language for the Tennessee Bar Association.
I speak, teach, and lecture on Body Language at Vanderbilt University, Owen Graduate School of Business Management, Belmont University, Lipscomb University, The University of Tennessee.
I am the lead Body Language and Interrogation trainer at iCenter, where I train Law Enforcement, Military, Private Investigators, Lawyers, and Mediators.
In the last 10 years I have spoken to and trained Fortune 100 Companies from Microsoft and Coca-Cola to McDonald’s.
I have appeared on ABC, FOX and OWN. As well, I have appeared on numerous syndicated and local radio shows, as well as major rated podcasts.
At the Nashville Entrepreneur Center I was Entrepreneur In Residence and Mentor from 2011-2017. I taught Body Language and Investor Pitching to Entrepreneurs and Startups, as well as up and coming CEO’s. My training method “How To Create An Investable Pitch” combined with Body Language and Persuasion techniques has helped Entrepreneurs all over the world raise over $450M.