Body Language Tactics For Business: The ability to understand the intention, motives, and goals of those you meet with is one of the most powerful and coveted tools you can acquire in today’s business climate.
In this talk Scott breaks down the nonverbal cues you see every day into simple terms and examples. You can these cues and tools yourself immediately and you can easily teach them to your team and members of your company.
In every meeting, every negotiation, and every introduction, the person you are meeting with is transmitting an incredible amount of valuable information they aren’t even aware of via their nonverbal behavior. You are transmitting information to them as well.
This talk will give you the upper hand in your business dealings by quickly teaching you how to decode and use that information to help you make the best decisions for you moving forward from a tactical business perspective.
The Body Language Tactics For Business Workbook, the companion piece for the micro-workshop, will be a powerful and potent ally for you as your success and the success of your company and business grows.
Using examples from my own experience as well as relevant case studies, I explain how to use specific body language techniques and strategies to give you an advantage in business situations. The process involves five steps:
The process involves five steps:
1. Reconnaissance. The key to fully understanding your target begins with gathering specific information in a timely manner. The more intel you have, the better you will understand your target. Here, I share specifically what information you need and how to easily gather it correctly.
2. Baseline. Knowledge of what cues to look for before anything else, is your most powerful ally. This step explains how to elicit those cues before the engagement begins as well as what questions and style of questioning you should use. Then I share what to look for, when, and why.
3. Decoding Nonverbal Cues. Understanding the nonverbal behavior of the eyes, hands, mouth, forehead, eyebrows and arms are essential in any situation, not just business. Here, I share the keys to decoding disagreement, truth, contempt, fear, doubt, and deception.
4. Observing The Gesture Categories. You see gestures from the 6 Gesture Categories every day. You’ll learn and understand how and why people use Illustrators, Adaptors, Emblems, Affects Displays, Regulators, and Barriers. You use these every day as well and I’ll share with you the keys to using them to your advantage.
5. Answers And Deception. It’s not just what they say it’s how they say it. In this step I teach you body language tools for immediate use at work, home, or out in the wild. Tools that will help you know: If you got a complete answer – If the person really agrees with you – Is the person/company who they say they are and will they do what they say they will do – If there’s validity in specific parts of their conversation/answer, and much more.
Any attorney, salesperson, HR person, CEO, financial advisor, mediator, or venture capitalist searching for a better understanding of what body language cues to watch for as well as verbal cues to listen for and use during meetings, negotiations, social engagements, and the initial lunch/dinner meeting with a possible new client or partner.
I train professionals to observe and make decisions about the body language cues they see time and time again, in meetings and business interactions. I equip them with tools, that if used properly, will:
1- help them spot the specific facial cues that tell them the other side of the table is in disagreement before they say a word.
2- help them know how to ask a question to get a complete answer.
3- help build and reinforce business relationships and partnerships.
4- help them decide whether or not they are wasting their time with a client, prospective client, or possible new partner.
I have spoken on this topic to a wide array of industries— law firms, venture capitalists, realtors, mortgage bankers, insurance companies, angel investors, financial advisors, business consultants, colleges and universities, and small business associations.
This presentation can be delivered as a Talk, Workshop, or Half Day Seminar. The presentation can range from 30–120 minutes, depending on your needs. The ideal presentation length is one hour. The ideal workshop length is 3 hours.
- Audience members will learn the 5 tactics that are key to any meeting or negotiation.
- Audience members will learn to spot the subtleties of hidden communications between team members on the opposing side of a meeting or negotiation.
- Audience members will learn to spot the subtleties of dissension and mistrust among employees as well as colleagues.
- Audience members will be equipped with an array of body language tools they can use immediately.
I am a behavior analyst and body language expert, and hold multiple certificates in advanced interrogation training and have been trained alongside the FBI, Secret Service, U.S. Military Intelligence, and the Department of Defense.
My extensive training, education, and practice of nonverbal communication has made me an expert and consultant to law enforcement as well as successful CEO’s, attorneys, executives, financial advisors, and entertainers.
I teach Continuing Legal Education courses on Body Language for the Tennessee Bar Association.
I speak, teach, and lecture on Body Language at Vanderbilt University, Owen Graduate School of Business Management, Belmont University, Lipscomb University, The University of Tennessee.
I am the lead Body Language and Interrogation trainer at iCenter, where I train Law Enforcement, Military, Private Investigators, Lawyers, and Mediators.
In the last 7 years I have spoken to and trained Fortune 100 Companies from Microsoft and Coca-Cola to McDonald’s.
I have appeared on ABC and FOX. As well, I have also been on numerous syndicated and local radio shows, as well as major rated podcasts.
At the Nashville Entrepreneur Center I was Entrepreneur In Residence and Mentor from 2011-2017. I taught Body Language and Investor Pitching to Entrepreneurs and Startups, as well as up and coming CEO’s. My training method “How To Create An Investable Pitch” combined with Body Language techniques has helped Entrepreneurs raise well over $200 million dollars.