Body Language Keys to Happier Patients:
Today’s healthcare professionals are experiencing changes like never before, causing stress for doctors, patients, and staff. There are more malpractice suits than ever before. Why are some doctors sued more than others? Why are patients changing doctors? How can that be stopped?
In this groundbreaking Keynote Scott shares body language keys to make your patients connect with you instantly, before saying a word. He shares the research on nonverbal cues proven to help keep patients from suing Doctors. This is the reason The Patient Engagement Loop was created. The concept is simple, easy to employ, and it’s taking today’s healthcare system by storm.
Using examples from my own experience as well as relevant case studies, I explain how to use specific body language techniques and strategies to give you a communication advantage in the hospital and healthcare arenas. From Doctor to patient, as well as Physician to Physician. You will learn the keys to understanding and executing properly, the body language that has helped thousands of Doctors create and sustain a thriving medical practice. The goal? Happy patients and game-changing Patient Engagement and Outcomes. The process involves four steps:
The Patient Engagement Loop Involves Four Steps:
1. Patient Engages Staff. The patient’s first contact point is the receptionist. There are 3 critical and research-driven body language keys that will give the patient a feeling of trust and security.
2. Staff Engages Patient. There are 3 Keys for the Nurse or Physician’s Assistant to use while escorting the patient to the examination room. They are critical to maintaining the momentum created in Step 1 and for preparing the best Doctor-Patient experience possible.
3. Doctor Engages Patient. From the moment the patient lays eyes on the Doctor until the visit is over, it is imperative these 3 Keys are executed properly.
4. Patient Re-Engages Staff. This final step can be disastrous and 1 crucial Key must not be omitted.
Healthcare Professionals who want a better understanding of how to employ the body language and nonverbal keys to increasing their number of Happy Patients and better Patient Outcomes.
This presentation can be delivered as a Keynote, Workshop, or Half Day Seminar. The presentation can range from 60–120 minutes, depending on your needs. The ideal presentation length is 1 hour.
- Audience members will learn how The Patient Engagement Loop works.
- Audience members will learn the keys to properly executing the bedside manner style that will increase patient trust and loyalty as well as Physician to Patient communication.
- Audience members will learn to spot the subtleties of dissension and mistrust among patients as well as staff members.
- Audience members will be equipped with an array of body language tools they can use immediately and share freely and easily with members of their practice and staff.
I am a behavior analyst and body language expert, and hold multiple certificates in advanced interrogation training and have been trained alongside the FBI, Secret Service, U.S. Military Intelligence, and the Department of Defense.
My extensive training, education, and practice of nonverbal communication have made me an expert and consultant to law enforcement as well as successful doctors, CEO’s, attorneys, executives, financial advisors, HR professionals, and entertainers.
I teach Continuing Legal Education courses on Body Language for the Tennessee Bar Association.
I speak, teach, and lecture on Body Language at Vanderbilt University, Owen Graduate School of Business Management, Belmont University, Lipscomb University, The University of Tennessee.
I was the lead Body Language and Interrogation trainer at iCenter, where I trained Law Enforcement, Military, Private Investigators, Lawyers, and Mediators.
In the last 10 years, I have spoken to and trained Fortune 100 Companies from Microsoft and Coca-Cola to McDonald’s as well as some of the most elite Military Forces under US command.
I have appeared on ABC, FOX and OWN. As well, I have appeared on numerous syndicated and local radio shows, as well as major-rated podcasts.
At the Nashville Entrepreneur Center, I was the Entrepreneur In Residence and Mentor from 2011-2017. I taught Body Language and Investor Pitching to Entrepreneurs and Startups, as well as up and coming CEOs. My training method “How To Create An Investable Pitch” combined with Body Language and Persuasion techniques, has helped Entrepreneurs all over the world raise well over $450M.